Hard to believe that another year is almost done! With December comes…Christmas! So what do you get the outdoors person in your life for Christmas? My guess is…like me they have a list of gear that they would love to receive!
Here are some suggestions:
- A Badger Paddle – can be found at Algonquin Outfitters, Swift Canoe, The Complete Paddler, and so many more retailers! http://www.badgerpaddles.com/paddles/How_to_Buy.html
- Tickets to the KW Canoe Symposium – This is a great gift because it lets them get together with other canoe heads and enjoy great talks, socializing, and being around other like minded individuals https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/2014-kw-canoe-symposium-tickets-9512172163
- A Membership to the Canadian Canoe Museum – this little museum in Peterborough is a gold mine of information for the avid canoer out there! And…they sell Badger Paddles http://www.canoemuseum.ca/?q=content/become-member
- Adopt an Animal in Algonquin Park – what better way to give back to the park that we love then to adopt an animal…you can choose from a wolf, moose, fox, or beaver! https://secure3.convio.net/foap/site/Donation2;jsessionid=09BE3119D3C633B24746CD7F2C67B3C0.app338b?idb=101748817&df_id=1460&1460.donation=form1
- Adopt a Trail in Algonquin Park – the other option is to adopt a trail in Algonquin Park. http://www.algonquinpark.on.ca/visit/recreational_activites/adopt-a-trail.php
These are just some of the many gift ideas to get that outdoors person in your life. So what do I want for Christmas? Well if I could…I’d have a new Keywadin 15 Flax Fusion solo canoe…but alas I know there just isn’t room under the tree.
On an unrelated note…A Walk in Algonquin Park has made the shortlist for the Canadian Weblog Awards! I was beyond stunned this morning when I woke up to a tweet from Evan over at Trailswag.com! Its just an honor to be nominated! Looks like this year is going to be awesome! Last year we finished off with 4200 views…we are well above that now and closing in on 7000! So thanks everyone for your support!
Oh one last gift idea….why not go winter camping? In a Yurt? At Mew Lake in Algonquin?